Measure your Torso length
Measure your Torso Length as follows
- Begin at a point on the spine level with the top of the Iliac Crest, which is the pelvic bone crest (Iliac Crest) directly below the lower rib in your waist.
- Measure in a direct line up to the base of the neck, or the top of the seventh cervical vertebrae (the prominent bone or large knuckle at the base of the neck). Or more simply, when bending the head backwards this is the crease of the neck.
- If measuring along the curve of the spine subtract approximately 3cm to obtain the Straight Line Torso Length measurement.
- The current Torso Length markings on White Mountain backpack harness systems use the Straight Line Torso Length measurement.
- The average Straight Line Torso length for the female Torso is 42cm (16.5") to 48cm (19.0") and for males 46cm (18") to 52cm (20.5") You should find that your measurement is in this range if measured correctly, however the range of Torso length for females and males in our experience is between a minimum of 38cm (15") and maximum of 54cm (21.5").
For more information on this subject, please visit our page: Torso Length FAQ's