International Hiking Resources
- A1 Trails - Online guide to hiking, biking and cross-country skiing.
- Ecotourism Melanesia - a Port Moresby-based tour operator specializing in ecotourism experiences in Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands. Our aim is to encourage overseas visitors to travel to the rural areas so that more tourism dollars will go directly into the pockets of local people, giving them a viable alternative to less enviro-friendly forms of income like logging
- Gang Gang - Now over 24 photodiaries covering 7700km of walks, plus the odd trips by canoe, bike and other means, with detailed descriptions and over 14000 photos - take your time and enjoy.
- Hiker Central - Comprehensive Worldwide guide to outdoor adventure.
- Hit The Trail - Denise Traver's own website on the Grand Canyon & South West. In her capacity as a Grand Canyon National Park backcountry ranger, and a lead instructor for the Grand Canyon Field Institute, Denise has treated outdoor enthusiasts from around the world to her unique blend of knowledge and enthusiasm for the rich natural and human resources found within our public lands.
- Natural Born Hikers - Group of hikers shares their knowledge of trails. Includes trip reports, trail descriptions, and photos from hikes all over the United States and abroad.
- Outdoor Places - A US based guide to outdoor adventures, huge site with feature articles, 1000+ links, a gear guide, destination info, photos, and much more.
- Peak To Peak - Information on gear, tours, lodges, state and national parks and forests, hiking clubs, wilderness sites, and much more. A directory of thousands of Hiking, Backpacking, Walking, Trail and Wilderness Web Sites containing original content which is informative and useful to the online hiking, trail, walking, and Wilderness communities around the world.
- The Backpacking Site - advice on passports and visas, travel insurance through to what to pack. There is also specific gap year advice, information on working abroad and tips on transport
- Ton de Maagt Hiking Page - Detailed information about walking in Europe. Travel and lodging info as well. Worldwide links.
- Tourradar - We are a geeky bunch of travel experts dedicated to helping other travellers easily compare and book their perfect tour. With over 15 different nationalities in our team and offices spread across Australia, Europe and North America, we work to deliver the best possible advice and tour booking experience to you.
- Trails - A guide to Hiking and Walking.
- Walking Britain - A fairly comprehensive site describing many of the major walking areas in Britain. Also contains an extensive set of links for Britain and links to some overseas walking areas.
- Walking in Etruria - Discover the ancient region of Etruria which includes Tuscany, part of Umbria and the north of Lazio. Providing environmental guide services, educational experiences for schools, planning naturalistic and cultural tours for walking or biking vacations in Italy.
- WMI Australia - The Wilderness Medicine Institute of NOLS is a worldwide program of first aid education specific to remote area emergencies. With so many Australians venturing out to remote and isolated places the potential to experience a medical emergency has become quite high. This website provides data on the Australia-wide program of courses and is available to individuals for domestic use or group leaders
for professional use. Anyone who requires preparation for the enormous challenge of providing emergency medical care in a remote environment can be assisted by WMI.