|These are Links to Products or Services that are
NOT SUPPLIED by White Mountain Backpacks™ -Please read this Disclaimer
Australia Hiking Resources
- Bushwalking Blog - A website about hiking, focused on (but not limited to) Victoria, Australia.
- Bureau of Meteorology
- Bushwalkers Wilderness Rescue - Bushwalkers Wilderness Rescue Squad and operates as a specialist land search and rescue squad affiliated with the NSW Volunteer Rescue Association. (VRA). All operations are performed under the direction of the NSW Police.
The NSW Confederation is in turn a member of the National body Bushwalking Australia. Information about hiking, walking, and camping in Victoria.
- Hiking Trips From Melbourne - This is a fully searchable Journal of bushwalking, hiking, and coastal trips, compiled by Bob Padula, OAM, of Mont Albert, Melbourne. Victoria. It's updated whenever a new excursion is completed, which are usually short half or full day expeditions out of Melbourne. The entries, with images, highlight the places visited, with links to location maps.
- Parks Victoria - Parks Victoria is the custodian of a diverse estate of significant parks in Victoria and of the recreational management of Port Phillip Bay, Western Port and the Yarra and Maribyrnong rivers.
- The Great North Walk - The Great North Walk is a 250 km path from central Sydney to downtown Newcastle in Australia. It is fantastic for holidays, family weekends, bush exploration and treasure hunts. This site offers information on hikes, access, visits and accommodation.
- Tracks and Trails of Victoria - Hike a challenging alpine track to a secluded waterfall. Victoria's walking and riding trails provide the perfect getaway for everyone. You will find many trails are close to Melbourne and most are within easy driving distance of the city.
- Trail Hiking Australia - Trail Hiking was established in 2014 to further the development and promotion of hiking trails throughout Australia. Offering detailed information on hiking trails primarily throughout Victoria, including trail descriptions, key features, pictures, maps, gpx files, elevation profiles and more.
- Victorian National Parks Association - VNPA is dedicated to the protection of Victoria’s unique natural environment and its biodiversity. A member-based, not-for-profit organisation, that run the largest bushwalking program in Victoria.
- Victorian Orienteering Association - Orienteering offers people the chance to learn how to navigate confidently - whether it be through local streets and parks of Melbourne or out in the state forests in Victoria. While there are many forms of orienteering, the common element that applies to all of these is a map. In most cases, the map identifies
Clubs & Federations
- Bayside Bushwalking Club - Founded in 1984, the BBC has grown steadily and is one of the most active bushwalking Clubs in Victoria.
- Bushwalking Australia is the National body representing the interests of bushwalkers and other recreational walkers. There are many issues affecting bushwalkers which extend beyond the boundaries of any one State or that require some level of national coordination or support.
- Bushwalking Victoria - The Victorian Federation is also fairly large representing about 70 clubs with 12,000 members. The web site is still growing and contains useful links to local clubs.
- Bushwalking Queensland - A large site with very good general advice and a useful set of brief notes to many walks in southern Queensland.
- Brisbane Catholic Bushwalking Club - Provides details of regular bushwalks in South East Queensland. Includes committee member list, meeting times, and events calendar.
- Canberra Bushwalking Club - organises walks in the Canberra and South East New South Wales region.
- Coast and Mountain Walkers of NSW Inc Bushwalking Club - Established in 1934 and based in Sydney. Offering a walk programme for members, social timetable, conservation policy, and list of equipment suppliers.
- Hobart Walking Club - Encourages bushwalking, skiing and outdoor activities, and promotes interest in the preservation of flora, fauna, and natural scenery.
- James Cook University Bushwalking Club - Provides students with access to NQs wilderness areas, and promotes an understanding and appreciation of nature.
- Mountain DevilsBushwalking and Social Club Inc - A Macarthur bushwalking club dedicated to making friendships through shared outdoor and social activities including , bushwalking, backpacking, hiking
- Perth Bushwalkers Club - Walking guides, event outlines, photo album, and joining information.
- Sydney Bush Walkers - One of the oldest bushwalking clubs in Australia.
- ROC - The Outdoors Club is one of the largest clubs at RMIT University in Melbourne. The club offers many Activities, including Bushwalking, Rock Climbing, Cross Country, Backcountry Skiing, Mountain Biking, Caving, Kayaking and Canoeing, Orienteering, Rogaining, Mountaineering, Adventure Racing and regular Social events.
- Walking Federation of South Australia - This website represents 33 clubs in South Australia. This site started in May 1999 and is still small consisting mainly of club lists and information on how to join.
- YHA Brisbane Bushwalking - We are Brisbane-based bushwalking club. We walk throughout South-east Queensland and Northern New South Wales.
- Friends of the Heysen Trail. They are responsible for much of this track's maintenance and should be contacted if you are contemplating this trail. The web site does not contain a lot of information to download but they do produce good printed information for walkers to purchase.
- Great Dividing Trail - The Great Dividing Trail Association has constructed a walking track from Castlemaine to Ballarat. This active group is currently working on extensions to Bendigo and the side track through Lerderderg Gorge to Bacchus Marsh.
- Short Walk in Victoria - Most walks described are located in the general area around Melbourne, but there are many further afield!
- Bibbulmun Track - An excellent overview of the Bibbulmun Track in Western Australia by The Friends of the Bibbulmun Track. Website includes, detailed maps, facilities, history, photo's, track services and offers a membership.
- WalkGPS - Bushwalks in the Perth region, Western Australia This site provides descriptions, maps, waypoints, routes and photos for 40 one-day bushwalks most of which are less than 100km from the city of Perth in Western Australia
- Aushiker - A small site concentrating on walks in Western Australia.
- Geoff Murray - A small site containing photographs of some of Tasmania's walking areas. There are some nice photos here that will give you another view of what these places look like.
- Geoff Wise's Wilderness - Has some good trip reports, a selection of photographs and a set of links to other sites. The Links page is extensive and a great site to browse for other bushwalking related sites. This site is also regularly growing and is worth revisiting.
- John Chapman - Selected bushwalking tracks and ski-touring in Australia, details of my guide books along with update notes for those books.
- Peter Sundstrom - A selection of photographs of the Australian wilderness and National Parks, in New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, Victoria, Queensland and Tasmania from a number of Peter's bushwalking and ski touring trips, to show just some of the diversity Australia has to offer.
White Mountain Backpacks™, travel backpacks, hybrid backpacks, hike packs, daypacks, designers, wholesale direct, backpack fitting specialists, anatomically correct quality backpacks at the lowest prices. Backpack fitting experts specialising in FREE CUSTOM FITTING of internal frame travel packs, hike packs, and framed daypacks, including any brand purchased from other suppliers. To correctly customise and contour the Internal Staves of online orders,
all we need is the correct Torso Length of your back. We offer premium quality, anatomically correct, high functioning backpacks at extraordinarily low prices when compared to any high quality competitor product, we guarantee exceptional performance, fit, comfort, and quality.