White Mountain™ specialise in designing and fitting internal
frame backpacks, not just adjusting straps. We contour the Internal
Frame and customise the harness to provide synergy between the backpack
and your back, even for online orders.
- Are you aware of the soft tissue and muscle damage caused
by an ill-fitted backpack?
- Were you incorrectly informed that you carry the majority
of the backpack weight on your hips? When wearing your backpack
correctly the majority of the load is shared between the shoulders
and the lumbar of your back, and not carried on the hips.
- Were you incorrectly informed that you simply choose a backpack
by total capacity required, rather than the necessity of choosing
a backpack of the correct length?
- Were you incorrectly informed that the harness padding is
all there is to a comfortable backpack?
- Were you incorrectly informed that internal frame backpacks
would eventually take the correct shape and contour to your
back? Well this does happen when brands use inferior internal
staves that are soft and provide no support.
- Were you informed on the importance of reducing backpack
float or sway in backpack design?, Did the retail sales person
weight your backpack and you felt as though you were going to
fall over backwards?
- Were you aware that a backpack without a full Hip Belt and
Internal Stave/s, or combination of HDPE frame sheet and internal
stave/s cannot be custom fitted?
- Most importantly, were the Internal Staves of your backpack
removed from the backpack and individually contoured to your
back curvature? After 20 years of intensive research White Mountain™
are able to contour the Internal Staves and custom backpacks
to your Torso Length for online orders.
- Are you aware that a webbing waist strap simply reduces
backpack movement and provides no back support, and is no substitute
for a full Hip Belt? Having some padding added to the waist
belt as an afterthought is no substitute for a correctly designed
- Have you tried on countless backpacks and no one has offered
to correctly custom fit the backpack of your choice?
- And the best statement of all from backpack suppliers instore
and online, "the manufacturer supplies the backpack pre-fitted,
we have never needed to fit a backpack" Well this is partly
true, as backpacks can be supplied with excessive foam and soft
Internal Staves that bend to follow the curve of your back.
However, under even a light load these poorly designed harness
systems will fail to provide the required support. You still
require and deserve personal and professionally contoured internal
staves and custom fitting.
We are on a mission to have all backpack sellers provide the
appropriate backpack for their customers, and to customer fit these
backpacks correctly. In any given week we are fitting numerous backpacks
for the benefit of competitor’s customers that have not had their
backpack correctly custom fitted or the Internal Staves contoured.
The steps to fitting a backpack fully are;
- The Internal Staves are the correct size and have been removed,
correctly contoured, and reinstalled in the backpack.
- The Harness Shoulder Straps have been positioned correctly
using the available the Torso Length adjustment.
- The Upper Load Stabiliser Straps are tensioned, positioned
correctly, and exit at the correct angle to the backpack..
- The Hip Belt is in the correct position and tensioned fully.
- The Sternum Strap is tensioned to place the weight
on the chest and correctly position the Harness Shoulder Straps.
- The Lower Load Stabiliser Straps are tensioned to draw the
backpack into the lower back.
- The Harness Shoulder Straps are loosened slightly to shift
the majority of the backpack load onto the lower back.
- The Sternum Strap has a final adjustment after repositioning
the backpack load with the Harness Shoulder Straps.
FREE Backpack Fitting
For your back's sake, come on in for a no obligation demonstration
of how modern internal frame backpacks function from one of our
backpack designers. Bring in your existing Internal Frame Travel
Pack, Hike Pack, or Daypack and have it professionally fitted. No,
it doesn't matter what brand, or when you purchased your backpack,
just come on in and we will improve the performance of your backpack.
We will demonstrate how the fitting is accomplished, how to safely
put on and take off your backpack, and how to best load your backpack.